Saturday, April 6, 2013

Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin

Well, it's getting to be that time of the semester, when the work is piling up and everything is due way too soon. Inevitably, my cooking slows down during this period, as I turn to some of the dishes I have frozen over the past few months, but I do still try to get in some cooking as I can. When I made this pork tenderloin, I originally had no desire for a pork dinner, but they were on sale, and looked too good to pass up. In the end, I'm glad I grabbed these while at the store, the smell of the seasoning alone while baking was amazing, and they came out nice and juicy.

Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Adapted from Betty Crocker "Heart Health Edition Cookbook"
6 servings

Ingredients:
2 pork tenderloins
1/2 cup plain, dry breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fennel seed (optional, can be a bit over-powering)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees.

2. Spray shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Place pork tenderloins in the pan.

3. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.

4. Spoon herb mixture evenly over pork.

5. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.

6. Bake 20 minutes, then remove foil.

7. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest section of each tenderloin reads 155F degrees.

8. Cover pork loosely with aluminum foil again and let stand 10-15 minutes, or until the thermometer reads 160F degrees.

9. Enjoy!

Nutritional Info per Serving:
Calories 279; Total Fat 7g; Cholesterol 138mg; Sodium 374mg; Total Carbs 7g; Protein 44g

No comments:

Post a Comment