Monday, March 11, 2013

Beer Baked Pizza

This recipe might sound a little strange, but trust me, it's one of the best homemade pizzas I have ever made, and probably one of the simplest as well. Any regular beer that you enjoy will work well in this pizza, though I would advise against cheaper ones, as the dough does ferment slightly. I used Shiner Beer, one of my favorites from when I lived in Texas.

Beer Baked Pizza
Adapted from Betty Crocker "So Simple"
4 servings

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz regular beer
1/2 cup marinara sauce, I used store bought sauce, but you can also use pizza sauce or homemade marinara sauce just as easily
2 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
9 pepperoni slices, optional
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, optional

1. Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.

2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.

3. Stir in beer just until flour is moistened.

4. Spread dough in pan.

5. Spread sauce over dough.

6. Sprinkle with cheeses and pepperoni.

7. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Starting to cut up the pizza.
8. Enjoy!

Nutritional Info per Serving:
Calories 271; Total Fat 6g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 822mg; Total Carbs 39g; Protein 12g

No comments:

Post a Comment