Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Banana Berry Bread

Banana breads are one of my favorite types of breads, as they are both easy to make and extremely versatile - great for breakfast, snack, or dessert. While I normally make my banana bread with blueberries, this time I decided to branch out, including raspberries and blackberries. Although these berries complement the flavor of the bananas, I think in the future I would recommend leaving all out aside from the blueberries, as the seeds from the others at times lead to a less than desirable texture.

Banana Berry Bread
Adapted from Betty Crocker "Best Bisquick Recipes" 
Roughly 16 servings

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 cups Bisquick Mix (I used the Heart Smart Mix)
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (roughly 2 medium bananas)
1 cup fresh or frozen bluberries

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

2. Grease bottom of a bread loaf ban.

3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, Bisquick mix, oats, sugar, and bananas until moistened.

4. Fold in blueberries.

5. Pour into pan.

6. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

7. Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.

8. Enjoy!

Nutritional Info per Serving:
Calories 121; Total Fat 2g; Cholesterol 27mg; Sodium 138mg; Total Carbs 25g; Protein 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment